This dress came out a bit different from what I was expecting. You can see the "official" version here, on the blog of the author of Dolly Bureau, Megann Zabel. That dress is far shorter--it only reaches halfway between Momoko's hips and knees.
The strange thing is... I didn't lengthen the pattern when making this dress. (And that much difference in length can't be due to accidental variations in seam allowance.) I followed the instructions exactly. It looks like the pattern was made after the original dress... and then not tested sufficiently! There's no mention of the pattern differing from the photos in the book or the blog.
I think the shorter dress looks better. Eun-jae is so long and thin already, and the longer dress only emphasizes that. I'll make a note on my book to cut an inch or so off the hem if I make it again.
I'm sure Eun-jae would feel more secure with narrower-placed straps.
That's right, the other pleats are more sparsely spaced. This is another example of the pattern pieces disagreeing with the photos.
Because I used the denser pleats, my ruffle ended up too short, and I had to attach an extra piece (adding about 30% to the ruffle's length) and then pleat that as well.
(I couldn't sew up the back as high as in the instructions, or it would have been difficult to get Eun-jae into the dress. Perhaps Momoko has narrower hips.)