This is Arc, from the DS remake of Final Fantasy 3. I used the free Human Amigurumi Pattern from Geek Central Station (the legless version) in cream, pale orange, and black worsted weight yarn. The hair is embroidery floss, and the eyes are teddy bear eyes I found at a garage sale. The scarf is felt, and the belt and coat borders are leather I had hanging around for some reason.
Arc usually looks like this. I made several changes when turning him into amigurumi form:
- His scarf is now reddish-brown rather than yellow. I tried yellow, but it looked awful with his skin tone. If you look at the official image, it doesn't look that great there either.
- One belt rather than two. IIRC, I made both belt buckles (from polymer clay with Pearl Ex powders), but then lost the smaller and decided it wasn't worth the bother. So he has one now.
- No face (except the eyes, obviously). I felt a more detailed face would detract from the chibi feel. Also my embroidery isn't very good.
- No legs. I like Geek Central Station's leg-free pattern better than the newer, leg-inclusive one.
- No gloves. He doesn't even have hands, so...
I don't like crochet much--it's too slow. Final Fantasy 3 is my least favorite game of the series, and Arc is a weakling. Why did I make this amigurumi? That is a very good question.
Tune in next time for more crochet!