Unfortunately it seems either the black is too dark or the white is washed out in these pictures. :C
Here we see the biggest fail during the creation of this outfit : the blouse size.
I had planned to make the whole back of the bodice overlaid in lace--you can see the lace on the sides there. But after I made the shirt and (finally) tried it on... or tried to try it on... I realized it was far too small. Of course, with the confidence of youth, I hadn't bothered with a practice blouse or toile. So I cut the blouse in half and inserted that plain gusset you see up there. Here's a clearer picture :
Of course, the front was too small as well, which was why I had to add ribbons down the middle (and the ribbon doesn't even overlap all the way):
I also notice at this point that I never took out the gathering stitches in the petticoat. Hm.
Blouse and petticoat together :
I do like the double machine-stitched hem here--I probably did this to make the lace lie flat. It turned out much better than the black skirt's hem, as you'll see below.
The cummerbund-like thing is a rectangle of satin with a larger rectangle gathered on to it at the sides and back. Here's a closeup of the back, with corset-style lacing :
And now, the problem with machine-sewing small rolled hems on skirts ...
The last item is the hair tie. It's just a long tube of the same black satin. Could also be used as a belt. I discovered today that I'd never bothered finishing one end :