Since the first had shoulder issues and I had this lovely cotton hanging around anyway, I decided to make my Pullip a new, more formal kimono. Based on my (brief) research, an all-over floral pattern like this isn't quite right for the formality of a furisode... but I liked it, so it will do.
The false under-kimono (really just a collar) and obi are of green cotton. There are also stripes on the shoulder (barely visible in this picture) of green cotton.
Funny story about those stripes. RequiemArt's pattern instructions say, very clearly, to cut out the paper pieces, tape the front and back pieces together, and then use them to cut out the fabric. I did this correctly in the first kimono, but apparently my reading comprehension died after that. The stripes were added to make up for the fabric lost in the shoulder seams.
There is also, again, a small problem with the tightness of the shoulders--I tried to sew up the sides slightly less than last time, but the shoulder stripes add a certain amount of inaccuracy to that area of the kimono.
The obiage (the black thing tucked into the obi) is shiny black fabric -- not the thick fancy satin of the 18" doll Gothic Lolita dress, but something thinner and cheaper.
Wrapped around the obi is a sparkly gold ribbon. I initially bought it for a certain Halloween costume, before I found a more... subdued gold that I preferred.
<-- Side view of the obi knot (also a better view of the shoulder stripes).
There are no closeup views of the wrists, but I again sewed down the fabric around them--it worries me to have raw edges with no stitches around them.
Notice that Eun-jae no longer has lower eyelashes! That will be a topic for the next post.