The skirt is made of a pale grayish cotton, with lace from who-knows-where as a ruffle on the hem and an embroidery thread drawstring.
What I didn't account for was that the drawstring makes the waist much bulkier, so it's difficult to make a fitted blouse that will go over the waist and stay there. I should have made a waistband instead, and maybe darted the skirt so that there would be less fabric around the waist.
I've made the blouse, except for the waistline hem, but it seems to be incompatible with the skirt. Perhaps I'll piece together a better skirt--I do have a bit of this fabric left. Alternatively, I could remove the drawstring, add some darts, and sew on a waistband to this skirt. The last time I tried a skirt with a waistband, I didn't account for fabric bulk, and it ended up more as an apron.